Friday, October 24, 2008

Her choice

As someone who is active in social action causes in Michiana, I'm supporting Don Wheeler for the South Bend Community School Corp. Board of Trustees.

In the meetings I go to, and the projects I work on, I've seen Wheeler there as well. I know him to have a commitment for better outcomes for people who struggle. I know he will focus on addressing the thorny challenges facing children who come from families who have experienced intergenerational poverty.

As he said to me once, it ought to be enough that it is the moral thing to do. But even if that's not enough, our community's future is completely dependent upon our children's future.

Please remember Don Wheeler for South Bend school board on Nov. 4.

Deb Drummond
South Bend

from the South Bend Tribune October 21, 2008

No comments: